As an all volunteer organization of business leaders with extensive international expertise, the East Michigan District Export Council supports Michigan businesses by providing the following services:
- Counseling and mentoring local businesses in exporting;
- Providing export training and educational opportunities to the local business community;
- Creating greater export awareness in the local business community;
- Identifying key issues affecting U.S. and Michigan industry competitiveness in the global marketplace;
- Support policy and/or legislation that is beneficial to international trade and export development by U.S. companies;
- Supporting the programs and services of the Detroit and East Michigan Export Assistance Centers.