Protecting Your Intellectual Property
in the Global Marketplace
You are cordially invited to the event "Protecting Your Intellectual Property in the Global Marketplace". This program will be moderated by Susan Anthony, Attorney, Global Intellectual Property Academy, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
Learn how to:
- Identify the intellectual property (IP) assets in your business – patents, trade secrets, trademarks, copyright
- Protect the IP assets in your business - in the U.S., and abroad
- Develop a comprehensive intellectual property strategy for protecting your IP assets - in the U.S. and abroad
- Avoid inadvertently exposing your IP assets to theft from abroad or on the internet
- Marshal the many U.S. Government and other resources for protecting your intellectual property
The US Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration in Michigan, and the US Patent and Trademark Office, are proud to announce a reprise of the original well-received offering on intellectual property rights in the global marketplace, first offered in 2011. The upcoming program will take place in metro-Detroit on Friday, September 20, 2013.
This one-day program is aimed at providing companies with tools to develop an IP strategy to support expanded export sales and increased global business activities, while avoiding the pitfalls of IP theft and abuse. The program is open to companies of all sizes in all industries, located across the United States.
The program will take place at Michigan State University's Management Education Center in Troy, MI, conveniently located outside Detroit, in an area with convenient hotels, shopping and restaurants.
The program is being supported by the East Michigan District Export Council (DEC), USPTO's Washington and Detroit offices, the U.S. Commercial Service in Michigan, and Wayne State University Law School, which participates in USPTO's patent law clinic program.